Terms and Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR THE TOPS AT SPAR ‘LET’S GET FESTIVE’ PROMOTIONAL COMPETITION CONDUCTED BY SPAR ("THE PROMOTER")
Competition commences on Thursday 1 December 2016 and runs until the end of 25 December 2016
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. You understand that you are providing your information to SPAR and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used for sending subscribers company updates and announcements.
To qualify as an entrant into this promotional competition you must:
- Be a South African citizen; Residing in South Africa.
- Be a minimum of 18 years old.
- Enter this promotional competition in your personal capacity and not as a business. For example no close corporations, partnerships or any other legal entity can participate.
- This competition will be run via a TOPS AT SPAR micro-site http://topsadventcalendar.co.za
- Users will be required to follow the prompts and answer a question.
- 25 (TWENTY FIVE) winners will be selected over the 25 (TWENTY FIVE) days of the competition running.
- Prize winners will be notified by telephone with the details that they have supplied.
- Should a winner not be contactable within 48hrs of the draw, they will be disqualified from collecting the prize and a new winner will be drawn.
- If winners have not supplied their physical address by 20 January 2017 their prize will be forfeited.
- All prizes will be delivered to the winners within 2 weeks of the winner supplying their physical address.
- All winners will be announced within 2 (TWO) weeks of the competition end date.
- Promoter expressly disclaims any responsibility for any and all claims, actions, demands and/or liability for injury, damage or loss whatsoever relating to or arising in connection with use of this Prize won.
- The 25 (TWENTY FIVE) winners will win prizes to the value of R28,000.00 (TWENTY EIGHT THOUSAND RAND)
- One prize will be awarded every day throughout the duration of the competition.
- The warranty of the prize lies directly with the manufacturer.
- The Promoter of this promotional competition is SPAR ("the Promoters").
- This Promotional Competition and the awarding of prizes are held in accordance with the Consumer Protection Act, 2008 and specifically the regulations governing promotional competitions.
- The Promoters, its directors, members, partners, employees, agents or consultants and their spouses, life partners, parents, children, siblings, business partners or associates are not eligible to participate in or enter this promotional competition.
- All information relating to this promotional competition and published on any promotional or advertising material forms part of these terms and conditions of entry.
- Upon entering this promotional competition the entrant agrees to receive marketing information, updates, special offers etc. from SPAR until such time as the entrant decides to opt out of receiving such marketing material.
- In the event of a dispute, the decision of the Promoters will be final and binding on all aspects of this promotional competition and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoters, their directors, members, partners, employees, agents, consultants, suppliers, contractors and sponsors assume no liability whatsoever for any direct or indirect loss or damage arising from a entrant's participation in this promotional competition or for any loss or damage, howsoever arising.
- By accepting the prize the winners consent to have the Promoters publish the winners’ names and photographs in any advertising, promotional, print, point of sale or public relations material, the nature and manner of such releases to be determined within the sole discretion of the Promoter.
- If required by the Minister for Trade and Industry, the Consumer Protection Commission or for whatever other reason, the Promoters shall have the right to terminate this promotional competition with immediate effect and without notice of such termination. In such event, all entrants hereby waive any rights, which they may have against the Promoters and hereby acknowledge that they will have no recourse or claim of any nature whatsoever against the Promoters, their directors, members, partners, employees, sponsors, agents or consultants.
- If the Promoter suspects foul play by any participant they are entitled to disqualify the participant with immediate effect. The Promoter’s decision regarding this matter is final and no correspondence on this matter will be entertained.
- Entrants to the competition are responsible for entering their correct personal details should they win, the Promoters will not be held liable should these details be incorrectly submitted
- All entrants, by entering this promotional competition, agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The Prizes are not transferable.
- The Prizes cannot be exchanged for cash or any other prize other than the prize offered above.
- The Promoters reserve the following rights:
- The right to substitute the prize with other prizes of similar commercial value.
- The right to alter the dates of competition commencement and the competition ‘end date’.
GENERAL FACEBOOK POLICY
The Promoter reserves the right to remove any content and/or disqualifying any entrant who submits content that MAY be:
- Discriminatory content including, but not limited to, references to race, religion and gender.
- Offensive language including, but not limited to, profanity, hate speech, vulgarity and defamation.
- Images which could be regarded as inappropriate, distasteful or offensive.
- Bullying, abuse, threats, intimidation and stalking.
- Messages that are unlawful, fraudulent or deceptive.
- Trolling and spam.
- Uploaded files that may damage users' computers or cause privacy breaches.
- Links to unrelated or irrelevant content (e.g. offers, appeals for donations, link baiting).
- Unrelated/irrelevant posts to another individuals comment that can be considered as spam.
- Company, product and personal promotion or advertising.
- Calls for donations/financial assistance.
- Any issue deemed inappropriate by the SPAR Group.
- SPAR staff, retailer and supplier complaints.